Prev: DS2 Generator, was Re: Message for Andy Cowell Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 17:59:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Samuel Penn wrote:
>I was in a k-mart (which is basically a supermarket selling
>food, clothes, toys etc), when I came across a section selling
>guns. Now, I don't consider myself particularly anti-gun or
>anything, but seeing them for sale in (what I presume is) a
>typical supermarket, scared the shit out of me. I think I
>suffered a bit too much culture shock, and I didn't pay
>too much attention to what sort of guns they were.
>
>Is this common? Are they typically just low powered guns?
>I'm sort of morbidly curious.

This is normal for K-Mart.  If want a real shock, check out a gun and
knife
show sometime.	They have these about every couple of months or so in
our
area.  You have wall-to-wall firearms, related merchandise, and scary
looking red necks with some extra cash to spend.  Here, you can find
anything from handguns to assault rifles and books on how to make
explosives
from items in your kitchen.

Mike Miserendino