Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: Re: DS2: Multi-Mounts/Single Targets

RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:54:20 -0400
Subject: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Gerald McVicker wrote:

> NEW GAME IDEA!!!
>
> BATTLE PROGRAMMERS!!!
>
> Its a game where programers battle among themselves for supremecy in
code!
> One that most ordinary gamers wouldn't understand!  You guys thought
it
> would be hard to make up scenerios for SGII , wait till you try BP!!

Been done, multiple times over: Core Wars, CRobots, TclRobots,
PRobots.

You think it sounds silly to discuss it, but just wait 'til someone
writes a PythonFTSim game where you write code to pilot an FT starship
or fleet cooperatively against a similar group of opponant programs
and you wish you'd have listened to our code-chat more closely as we
devestate you ... ;)

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: Re: DS2: Multi-Mounts/Single Targets