Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

From: Gary Ballard <gdaddy@m...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:19:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Samuel Penn wrote:

> Not wanting to sound judgemental (and definitely not wanting
> to start a moral crusade), but a little question for any
> Americans concerning something that scared me when I was in
> the States a few months ago.
>
> I was in a k-mart (which is basically a supermarket selling
> food, clothes, toys etc), when I came across a section selling
> guns. Now, I don't consider myself particularly anti-gun or
> anything, but seeing them for sale in (what I presume is) a
> typical supermarket, scared the shit out of me. I think I
> suffered a bit too much culture shock, and I didn't pay
> too much attention to what sort of guns they were.
>
> Is this common? Are they typically just low powered guns?
> I'm sort of morbidly curious.
>
> --
> Be seeing you,
> Sam.

Sam,

Well, that's pretty common around here, though K-Mart isn't really a
supermarket type of operation. They are like Wal-Mart or Target(I'm sure
you've heard of one of those). And all 3 of those stores carry guns,
both handguns, and rifles, including shotguns. Most of what they sell is
your typical hunting gear. The handguns are home defense types. I'm not
sure of how high powered some of it is. We love our guns here. After
all, any idiot with a drivers lisence and 7 days to wait can buy an
arsenal(and some have criminal records too, even though they aren't
suupposed to be able to buy them). And you wonder why people die so
often of gunshot wounds over here?

Gary A. Ballard

Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)