Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games

Re: DS2: Multi-Mount Weapons/Single Targets

From: Darryl Adams <root@v...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:56:00 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2: Multi-Mount Weapons/Single Targets

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Brian Bell wrote:

> about size 4. So I placed 3 class 2 DFFC's in the turret. My question
is:
> Do multi-mounts attack as 1 weapon?
>   Would I roll 1 attack or 3?
>     If I roll 1 attack, would I draw 6 chits for the attack or 3 sets
of
> 2?
>	6 chits makes it a very dangerous tank up close.
>	3 sets of 2 makes it a weak tank for its size.

Depends.

My thinking is that if you have multaple weapons on a turrent ,
especially
if the rules say it can not have that many weapons (like the AV9A2
gunship, with 2 barrel weapons, 2 missile pods and 1 APSW for a roughly
size 3 vehical), you could justify it by saying they are linked and take
it as the next size up.

EG, 2 MDC cannons on the AV9A2 gunship can be either 2 size 2 or a size
3
that fires as one weapon.

> Also, I thought that I read in the rules that you can only attack with
1
> type of system against 1 target. But when I went to find this again, I

> couldn't find it. Is it there or did I misread it the first time?

Thats right. Duel turrent weapons are the exception.

------
Darryl Adams
dadams@tig.com.au

"The rich kid becomes a junkie,
The poor kid , advertising,
What a tragic waste of potential
Being a junkie is not great either"

TISM : "Greg the Stop Sign"

Prev: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games Next: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games