Prev: Atlanta-based Game Stores, Etc. Next: Empress Tournament Update

RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:07:51 -0400
Subject: RE: Full Thrust Format for Email games

On Friday, May 30, 1997 10:38 AM, Absolutely Barking Stars   THE LIST
GOD
  [SMTP:JW4@bolton.ac.uk] wrote:
> At 08:45 PM 5/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >May I HIGHLY recommend Ada as a programming language, BTW?
> Not on the full thrust list you can't no :).
>
> Seriously, If people want to discuss the full thrust file format
that's
> fine, but I don't think discussions on the merits of various
programming
> languages are going to interest the majority of our members. And in
any
> case such discussions have a nasty habit of becoming advocacy
flamewars,
> which I WILL NOT stand for on this list.

Yo

I'm happy to even take the FTF discussion off-line if you like.

I think I've heard from all interested parties and they know where I
live.
Anyone else interested mail **me** (not the list) and I'll keep you in
the
loop.
I'll post the results in draft for for general feed-back later.

As you say we to are coming to the conclusion that there are two main
uses,
design and
game state. The FTF design hopefully will encapsulate both in some way.

Too many flamewars of late :-/

Tim

Prev: Atlanta-based Game Stores, Etc. Next: Empress Tournament Update