Prev: Re: Storage & Transportation Next: Re: FTMAP WWW Site

Re: Full Thrust Format for Email games

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 05:42:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Format for Email games

> and IMHO the Microsoft Developer Studio and Visual C++ 5.0 are not
> exactly trouble-free. All the red tape and rigmarole of a serious
> professional system, but not all the benefits!

 I have to agree with you.  I am a VB5 user and bought Visual C++ as I
thought it was about time I learnt a "propper" language.  Quite frankly
wish I hadn't bothered.  Visual C++ is not infact a visual language at
all.  If you don't need one then I'm sure it's fine, but personally I'm
hooked on them.

VB is nice and easy and is capable of a wide range of things. It's a
little slow and clunky and produces nasty large files, but if you can
live
with that, then I'd recomend it.

Delphi looks marvelous from what I have learnt so far.	I'm still only
on
day 3 of my 21 day learning curve however.

>From what reviews I've read Borlands new Visual C compiler (I forget
the
exact name) seems to be the way forward.  With the Delphi Visual front
end
on it and both Delphi and C/C++ compilers, it offers true visual
programming and the power of C/C++.  Anyone got it/tried it yet ?

-Entropy

Prev: Re: Storage & Transportation Next: Re: FTMAP WWW Site