Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:47:25 -0400
Subject: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question

> The intent is to allow a PBEM GM for example to send out a turn report
and
> this to be read by a map making or a Java battle computer
> playaid as well as the players in the game who just have a rules and
pencil.

> The issue is about the transfer of the relevant state information
between
> different applications.

	If keywords are being used to define ship heading, facing, speed
and and turns, then the rest of the file need not matter, as the map
program is concerned with movement. Providing the program can extract
these elements (by searching for headers), surely the rest of the file
format is not inportant to the mapping program....

	Other systems and damage etc. only become important if the
computer begins rolling die etc, for you aswell.  Is this the intent ?

	It seems to me that the first step towards defining a standard
FTF
file format is to decide what it will actually be used for.

-Entropy