Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question

Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:38:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

> bonus for a heterogeneous group like our list here.  That's why I
> wrote my ship construction applet in Java and why I think others
> should too.

Or you can use Python (my fave), which runs pretty darn near
everywhere Java does.  Or Tcl, with the same results.  Or, frankly,
almost any of the next-generation byte-compiled or virtual-machine
languages that have hooks to connect to system-specific services would
work.  If we're really clever, they could use RFC822-style data files
which libraries exist already for parsing on most of those languages;
if the fields get standardized, then the systems interoperate.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: RE: Full Thrust Format (FTF) - a question