Prev: Re: FT III Wishlist Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 04:50:26 -0400
Subject: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

At 10:48 PM 5/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 06:36 PM 5/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>	While reading the posts regarding what some of us would like to
>>see in the upcoming Third Edtion of FT, I remembered that there was
one
>>thing I wanted to see changed.  I have always liked the idea of
>>simultaneouus fire rather than the current system.  The current system

>>leads to"me too" firing which is rather annoying when you think about
>>it.  IMHO all fire from offensive weapons must recorded and executed
>>like movement orders.  It will make the players "think" rather than
>>"react" and plan their tactics instead of just working along the lines
of
>>"Oh, he shot at me, now I can shoot back!"
>Well, actually I don't like pre-planned firing. I don't like the idea
that
>an unexpected maneuvre renders my ship completely impotent simply
because
>the opponent did something unexpected. Conventional systems can track
more
Um, call me strange but if you are doing it that way isn't if feasible
right 'fire orders' *after* movement has been carried out?

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: FT III Wishlist Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.