Prev: Re: DG2: Tougher AFV Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Re: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 23:35:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

Sorry for the incomplete post--My computer hiccupped.

	As I was saying, I think that some sort of a point system makes
sense--after all, as has been pointed out innumerable times, no one HAS
make use of it, and it can serve as a guideline for those not familiar
with
the rules.  I think that ultimately, with experience, a point system is
unneccessary, but under certain circumstances it can make things much
easier
for the poor beleagured refs.
	So, how about this....

For each trooper, add up the various die types, of all sizes, shapes,
and
colors, and use that as the point value of that figure.
	Your basic untrained primitive warrior, for example would be
		Untrained=4 pts.
		Basic Battledress=4 pts.
		Improvised Firearm=.5 pts for FP,
				    4 pts for Impact.
		Normal Mobility=6 pts.
		Normal Sensors=6 pts.  (Ye olde Mk I Eyeball)
		  For a total of 24.5 points per figure.

	As opposed to a more advanced unit....
		Regular=8 pts.
		Full Light Armor=8 pts.
		Adv. Assault Rifle=2 pts for FP
				   10 pts. for Impact
		Normal Mobility=6 pts.
		Enhanced Sensors=8 pts.
		  For a total of 42 points per figure.

	And lastly, Power Armor troopers....
		Veteran=10 pts.
		Hvy. Power Armor=12 pts.
		Adv. Assault Rifle w/GL=3 pts. for FP
					10 pts. for Impact
		Fast Mobility=12 pts.
		Superior Sensors=10 pts.
		  For a total of 57 points per figure.

	Now, personally, I would be tempted to at least double the value
of
Power Armor, both Light and Heavy, to reflect the increased Close Combat
capabilities that it gives the wearer.

	This obviously does not address vehicle points (DSII point
values,
maybe?), or squad leaders, or Mission Motivation, but it does give a
simple
basis with which to start.  Feel free to shoot holes in this--I have no
doubt that this idea will look like swiss cheese in a day or two--but I
think that there is nothing wrong with desiring an optional point
system.
	But I could be wrong.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: DG2: Tougher AFV Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.