Prev: Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles Next: Empress PBeM Tournament Update

DG2: Tougher AFV

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 19:56:31 -0400
Subject: DG2: Tougher AFV

Greetings,
I am looking to convert another gaming system to DS2. In this game I
need
to make a group of Armored Fighting Vehicles's tougher than normal
AFV's.
I see a couple of ways to do this. I would like input as to which is the

best and most consistant way to handle this.

1) Ignore armor maximums. This way I could add a higher level of armor
than the maximum rating equal to the vehcile size. Under this rule I
could make the armor equal to 1 or 2 higher than the actual size of the
vehcile. Thus a size 3 vehicle could have level 4 or 5 armor. This would

not make the vehicle harder to hit, but harder to damage. However, I was

hoping to do a more direct armor conversion.

2) Reduce the effective signature of the vehicle. While this would work,

it does not match the vehicle discriptions or background.

3) Add an extra die (d6 or d8) to defence. This would be as if the
vehicle had soft cover when it does not or was evading when it is not.
This seems to be the most consistant with the way to make targets harder

to damage.

4) Ignore chits of a particular value (ie. ignore all '1' chits or
ignore
all '3' chits.)

5) Ignore the first chit of value 3. Ie. if a strength 3 weapon draws
3,1,3 it would inflict an attack strength of 4. If the player draws
2,2,2
it would inflict an attack value of 6.

6) Something that I didn't think of.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles Next: Empress PBeM Tournament Update