Prev: Re: Terminology ? Next: Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles

Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 22:17:14 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles

At 06:09 PM 5/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Not to sound grumpy or anything of the like, attachments are
notoriously
>a Bad Idea to the list. The moderator can tell you more details if
you'd
>like.	;-)
>
>Also, many of us aren't accessing through Windows or a PC or anything
like
>that. We have other OS' we're coming in with. Not everyone has the same
OS
>you do.

I have to agree with Mark here. Attachments are often verbotten on
mailing
lists, particularly with one with a server that can't handle a lot of
traffic. It could tilt the poor server. Many people on the list can't
use it
anyway, and many who could still have to pay for download time.

I don't fall into the above categories, but I still won't run the
spreadsheet. I'm a little paranoid these days about macro virii. We've
been
hit with several at work (not my computer, though), and until I get the
upgrade of our virus checker I just don't run unsolicited Word docs or
Excel
spreadsheets.

>Your best option might be to either:
>
>  1) create a webpage and put it up somewhere with the info, or
>
>  2) convert it to standard vanilla ASCII like this msg
>
>I'd like to see what you've come up with, if only out of curiousity's
sake.
>But it's not possible to read what you sent.

It should be easy enough to copy/paste the spreadsheet into an e-mail
message and then clean up the tabs. If you NEED to send the spreadsheet,
the
best option is to tell people about it on the list and let them ask you
for
the spreadsheet.

I hope you can convert the data to an e-mail message. I'd like to see
it,
but I deleted the spreadsheet as soon as it hit the hard drive.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Terminology ? Next: Re: FMA:Star Wars Miniature Battles