Prev: Re: GZG Online Catalogue Next: Re: DSII modular production

RE: SGII

From: Jerry McVicker <gmcvicke@w...>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 18:50:40 -0400
Subject: RE: SGII

At 07:59 AM 5/22/97 +1000, you wrote:
>I like the idea of panic. If you have ever had to sit on the ground
with
>a troop of APC's (let alone tanks) rumbling towards you... it's a
bigger
>adrenalin surge than any bungy jump. And at night this is REALLY
>scary!!!

I was at an army training session one time, base visitor, and the
armored
vehicles just driving around the grounds were a little unnerving.  I
couldn't imagine having a fire spewing, rumbling armored vehicle driving
through my squads position.

>But the actual overrun? Well consider the scale; 1 inch = 10 m. Most
>AFVs are around 4-8 m wide and the games troop base size is a 10 m diam
>circle. So really the liklihood of any more than one troopie being hit
>is very small!

I agree.  Causing Casualties seems a bit harsh.  I like the idea of
panic as
well, but the "panic" roll seems to be in place for "inexperienced
troops.
I guess you could roll it for any of them.