Prev: Re: DSII modular production Next: Babylon 5 Wars - Retailers?

Re: DSII modular production

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 20:07:33 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII modular production

>There is NOTHING that a pin vice & glue won't get around... :)
>All the DSM turrets have (approximately) the same size "pins" - small
ones;
>the only times you'll have trouble is some of the FW hulls that have
HUGE
>turret holes - you'll need to stuff the hole with milliput.

Let me restate my reasoning. I don't glue on turrets. I would like to
create a battle group to meet the needs of the pick up game or scenario.

If the scenario calls for 4 groups of light GEV's with DFFC's to go up
against 1 group of heavy wheeled AFC's with MDC's, I don't want to say
"OK everyone, these GEV with the missile turrets acutally have HEL's". I

would love to have 5 size GEV's, 5 turrets with light HEL's, 5 turrets
with MDC's, 5 turrets with RFAC's, etc. and choose which vehicles to
make. But to do this, all turrets and bodies would have to have the same

size pin and hole.
  It may be easier to sell a modular system to retailers as well. I just

went to my local hobby store and saw several of same Future Wars (FW)
body with different turrets. It seems that it would be easier to sell
packs of parts. I know that if I was a retailer, I would not want to
stock 5 sets of the same tanks with different bodies. I would always
pick
the combination that did not sell. Plus I would always be assured of
selling at least 2 packs of mini's for this line (one body, one turret).
  GZG could also market a "recognition guide" giving stats for the
different bodies matched with the different turrets.

<This post sounds a lot more angry than I actually am. Please disregard
the tone of this letter, but not the ideas it contains>

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: DSII modular production Next: Babylon 5 Wars - Retailers?