Prev: Re: DSII modular production Next: Re: Babylon 5 wars

Re: DSII modular production

From: "johnjmedway" <jjm@z...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 17:28:45 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII modular production

On May 20, 22:02, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Subject: Re: DSII modular production
> [SNIP!!]
> >
> >The next person who tells me pewter is ideal for hobby miniatures
should
> >prepare to meet his ancestors first...
>
> Pewter ISN'T ideal; it is hard, unpliable, prone to pitting when
casting
> and EXPENSIVE!!!!

In large quantities, it is more expensive, and it is always unpliable.
But when
doing spin-casting with some friends of some of our own sculptures (usu.
15mm),
we had little problem with pitting, and got greater detail than we
usually did
with lead. And in our quantities, it was cheaper!

> good ol' US of A has decided they don't like anything with lead in it,
> except bullets of course... ;)

Too true....

---
| john_medway@zycor dot lgc dot com  |	Landmark Graphics |
512.292.2325 |
---

Prev: Re: DSII modular production Next: Re: Babylon 5 wars