Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Design Next: FT + Traveller

Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

From: Brendan Pratt <pratt@m...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 05:08:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

Glover, Owen wrote:

> Hi, just new to the list.
>
> Flamers - short range absolutely. They also should have some sort of
> penalty for detonation/exploding if the operator is hit. These were
> inherently dangerous to use even up to 10 years ago and I would think
> that the mix components will still be volatile a hundred or more years
> from now.

I disagree with the danger element - most scifi flamers would use a
binary fuel that was only dangerous after mixing - usually mixed during
acceleration through the barrel of the weapon - with little more risk
than a 20th century firearm, although possiblities will always exist for
catastrophic accidents during use, for example Drakes' wild blast in
Aliens when he was sprayed with acid. :-\

Ouch, Owie, etc...

Brendan
--
Brendan Pratt - pratt@macquarie.matra.com.au - Complete Bastard.
"I always said you could get more with a kind word - and a two by four

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Design Next: FT + Traveller