Prev: Re: Cool FT Book Next: Re: Under Fire-DS2

Re: Under Fire-DS2

From: GZGMail@a...
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 20:54:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Under Fire-DS2

<< In DS2, a unit with an UNDER FIRE marker has to roll if it wants to
move.
 >While this is great for infantry units who want to do nothing but find
 >deeper hole when they're getting shot at it, it is dead wrong for
tankers.
 >When vehicles are fired on they MOVE...FAST! Depending on the
situation
 >(type of opposing enemy, terrain, current orders, etc.) a unit under
fire
 >would either backup, advance FAST, or seek nearby concealment. So, how
 >about have DS2 vehicles with an UNDER FIRE marker REQUIRED to move? If
they
 >fail their Reaction test they must backup, otherwise they must move at
top
 >speed. >>

Speaking from my experience as a tanker, I would say that a vehicle unit
that
gets an "under fire" marker moves directly to the nearest cover and goes
into
a hide position, and cannot move until the marker is removed.

-- John

Prev: Re: Cool FT Book Next: Re: Under Fire-DS2