Prev: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: What is GZG's E-Mail Address?

Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

From: dadams <dadams@t...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 23:09:26 -0400
Subject: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

Alexander Williams wrote:

> dadams wrote:
> > 1. What is the effect when a Firer System Hit chit is drawn during
an
> > artillery barrage?
> >
> > A: The barrage is a complete failure
> > B: The target vehical is immune from dammage?
>
> I'd go (C), the barrage does not affect that target and no more
targets
> in the AoE are drawn for; the arty unit's systems are out, subject to
> the standard Firer Systems Out chit effects.

This is savage! Given that atillery is a multi unit thing, as well as
multi shot (art damaga values also represent *speed* of firing), it
makes that 1 chit the most feared in the whole pile!

It happened to me twice!!!! On the first target!!!!

> > 2. Can missiles fire opatunity fire?
>
> Doesn't make any sense; missiles simply move last, no matter what, and
> attack resolve if within range at the end of that movement.

The way I see missiles is that they travel *extramly fast* and have
extramly sofisticated guidence, that is they see a target, they fire and
let the guidence do the work (a bit like fire and forget missiles on
fighters)

So a target is spotted moving, missiles fire, and then can be resolved
last as you say.

Maybe if Jon can give an augery to us about this :-)

Prev: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: What is GZG's E-Mail Address?