Prev: Re: Hitting planets with comets Next: Re: Base Destruction

Re[2]: Base Destruction

From: "Jon Holloway" <jholloway@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 03:20:11 -0400
Subject: Re[2]: Base Destruction

RE: AA batteries etc.

 Naturally these are for fighters, cruise missiles and such,
"conventional"
attacks . But if you are going to launch wave attacks of cruise missiles
with
tactical nukes, or ICBM MIRVS, I think it is "The Last Great Act of
Defiance
syndrome". If you are gonna use tactical/strategic nukes the game is
over eh?
At least for that base....

And having guarded strategic USN installations I have seen those that
have no
AA or other close in defense other than Air Wing assets, or ship
support,
unless you count Marines M16s and such as AA.. ;>

I think the real question is do you want to start a rock chucking war?
If so why
would you not just whack the opponents home world? I think I would
rather
have battle fleets instead of tug fleets! Seems like more fun.

						    Semper Fi
						      Jon
_________________________________
Subject: Re: Base Destruction
Author:  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk at MEMCPSMTP
Date:	 5/11/97 4:10 AM

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Jon Holloway wrote:

>      I have not seen many "real" naval bases that did not have air
stations
>      and warship support.

And I have not seen many that come without AA guns/missiles, shore
batteries etc.

If the battle never gets that close, why do they bother?

It's not about being able to put up a mobile defense or not. It's about
whether the game is over after the mobile defense is dealt with or not.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Hitting planets with comets Next: Re: Base Destruction