Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Hitting planets with comets

Re: Sand

From: "Rutherford, Michael" <MRutherf@n...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 00:39:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Sand

>John Medway wrote:
>>On May 9, 10:06, Mike Miserendino wrote:
>>> My understanding of sand casters from popular sci-fi was to maintain
a cloud
>>> of highly reflective crystals using magnetic fields.  Over use, the
crystals
>>> would disperse from hits and would require additional expenditures
of supply
>>> to keep the "screen" in place.  The crystals had little to no mass,
but
>>> highly reflective properties to help disperse energy weapon attacks.
>>
>>Are we sure that the Screens we already have are not these?
>
>Good question, I think we just came complete circle! ;)

This type of screen would only be useful until the ship manuvers...
conservation of momentum would mean that the "screen" would continue in
the original direction and speed while the ship moved away.

Michael "Wargh" Rutherfurd

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Hitting planets with comets