Prev: Re: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>) Next: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)

Re: Another Stargrunt question

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 17:19:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Another Stargrunt question

>	 I asked this once before, long ago, and no one had an answer
for me
>other than "don't use drop troops".  But, seeing as how Jon, the Great
and
>Terrible,

Thanks (I think)... :)

is now among us, I thought I would ask again:
>	 How far can individual figures move when Reorganizing?  I ask
>because, in one of our first games, a unit in fast, heavy Power Armor
was
>dropped from orbit and ended up scattered widely across the board.  All
>intact, remarkably enough, but none closer than 8 inches to another
man.  I
>would assume that the unit would attempt to come together either at the
>intended drop point or at the unit's officer, but how much movement do
they
>get to regain unit integrity?	The book says only that Reorganization
allows
>figures to be moved "short distances", and this does not help much
under the
>circumstances.  So what's the deal?  I'm thinking of putting together a
>scenario that would involve several units of drop troops, but I want to
know
>how to work things first.
>
>John Crimmins
>johncrim@voicenet.com

Good question, John. I think the most reasonable method would be to say
that each man can move towards the rendezvous point at normal rates
(normal
or combat move, your choice) per reorganise action, until all the squad
are
in unit integrity - thus if some men have to move two (or three, or
more)
move actions to get to the rally point, that is the number of reorganise
actions the unit must spend before it can do anything else. Does this
sound
reasonable? If any "funnies" crop up (some troops can't reach the RV
point
at all, or get pinned down on the way) then you may have to wing it or
ask
for an umpire call.

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>) Next: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)