Prev: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff? Next: Re: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)

Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:00:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

At 10:37 AM 5/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>The guy who runs the group states that it's
>because of the wording of the rules in More Thrust.  I refer you to
page
>25 and the rules under the caption of "Kra'Vak Armoured Hull Costs:"
>
>	"When costing Kra'Vak ships (or indeed any other vessel fitted
with an
>armoured hull)..."

In our games, the Kra'vak Armoured Hull is a Kra'vak armoured hull. That
is,
it's Kra'vak tech. If you disallow hybrid systems, armour is only
allowed on
Kra'vak ships.

Now, if you want a universe where Kra'vak armour can be mounted on a
human
ship after they capture a Kra'vak ship, then that's different. But the
ship
would still be a hybrid.

I took the phrase to mean that if you wanted to create your own universe
and
allow armour on any ship, then it would be priced the same way as
Kra'vak
ships. In the "official" universe, humans have shields and Kra'vak have
armour.

But if the guy running the group wants humans to have armour too, so be
it.
It should help to balance out the costs of Kra'vak versus human ships (I
don't worry about the cost differences since I don't usually bother with
the
point system, but your group sounds like they'll push the point systems
the limit of cheesiness).

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff? Next: Re: Stargrunt questions (NOT about cavalry<grin>)