Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application

Re: Base defence Scenario

From: davisje@z... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 10:36:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Base defence Scenario

> Defender: (??? points)
> Must have a base
> Some system defence ships
> Few light (cruiser or lower maybe?) FTL capable ships.
>
> Attacker: (??? points)
>

> Questions: Should this scenario plays like compaign?
>	   What should be in attacker's task force composition?
>	   Should both side have equal points?
>
> Appreciate for any input. :)

My suggestion would be to design the base and the various system
defense boats and FTL ships in the vicinity.  You want to establish
a fixed point count for the defense and can adjust the attacker's
forces to balance the scenario depending on the victory conditions.

Step 2 will be to explicitly establish the victory conditions
for the attacker.  Will it simply be the base's destruction?
Will the other defenders need to be destroyed or driven off as
well?  The victory conditions can also reflect further strategic
planning on the part of the ESU.  For example, you may specify
that the task force must destroy the base without losing 25% in
point value of their own fleet.

Once these task have been completed, an attacker's force can be
built and put together.  One suggestion would have the attacker
forces determined by a minimum bid by two players or groups of
players.   The higher bid receives the defender forces for the
scenario.

Does this help in your scenario design process?

Jon Davis
davis@albany.net
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: Re: Sand Next: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application