Prev: Re: Armour Next: Re: GF figures - Reply

Re: when do fighters move

From: Marshall Grover <mgrover@m...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 05:30:24 -0400
Subject: Re: when do fighters move

At 12:04 AM 5/9/97 GMT, you wrote:
>If the SWAC is just a distributed firecon, then why is it limited to
>one type of weapon? A normal (non distributed) firecon can control
>both pulse torps and beam batteries.
>
>>My main insperation (other than the AWACS) was the Imperial
Constellation
>>targetting ships from Space Fleet.  That is what I invision a SpWACS
ship
>>looking like (covered with sensor domes and various other targiting
>>apparatus)
>
>It's OK but the constellation targeting ship and the castellan shield
>ship were quite badly broken from a game mechanics point of view.

are the range limits a measure of sensors or beam cohesion? It would
make
sense to me to have your SWAC close with the enemy and send target data
the main fleet, if it survives.

ex: swac is 12" away from target, transmit data to fleet 36" away, fleet
fires as if from 12" range.

marshall
 Marshall Grover

"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prev: Re: Armour Next: Re: GF figures - Reply