Prev: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application Next: Re: Sand

Re: Sand

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 17:09:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Sand

At 11:50 PM 5/8/97 +0300, you wrote:

>Is the minus per die or total? And the velocity of the cloud itself is
>irrelevant? Ok, it lacks the offensive punch now, so I'm happy.

	Yes, per velocity difference.  If you don't like it, don't use
it.
Newtonian universes are inherently dangerous.  You could also add that
missiles are destroyed by sand clouds but disperse 1 diameter radius
worth
of sand.

>> Sand also disrupts beam
>> weapons.  For each cloud of sand fired through add one screen level
to the
>> target.
>
>I still would change that to either a binary all-or-nothing penalty, or
>penalty measured by the distance of cloud the shot passes. While it is
>hard to exploit your rule, it can give odd effects where a ship nicking

>two clouds gets more penalties than one shooting straight through one.

	Too bad, nitpicking every thread in the rules will cause the
whole
sweater to fall apart.

Prev: Re: ZADs??? & DSII assistant application Next: Re: Sand