Prev: Re: Hitting planets with comets Next: Re: Bogey Markers

Re: Bogey Markers

From: Marshall Grover <mgrover@m...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 20:35:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Bogey Markers

>>I prefer the USN designations, CA, BB, CV, FF etc. but only use the
>>first two letters, it's real easy to tell that a ship is frigate
sized,
>>but not exactly what, if any loadout it has.
>
>I use these designations on the actual mini, not the bogey.  Placing it
on
>the bogey still gives too much away.  For example, placing CV on a
bogey
>might tell the opponent you are carrying fighters.  The general size
>categorys give a vague idea on size, which is what a bogey should be,
vague.
>Also, one fleet may designate ships using a different system or have
>designations based on alternate sizes.  It is helpful to use one that
most
>players can identify with. I realize that Jon listed suggested sizes
for
>designating a warship, but there is no reason why one player's fleet
might
>call some ships frigates, that might actually be the size of another
>player's cruisers.

The problem with that is that most ship Types are REAL identifiable just
by
mass and general configuration. A CVL and BB are about the same mass
(40k
tons) but both look quite a bit different.

Marshall

 Marshall Grover

"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prev: Re: Hitting planets with comets Next: Re: Bogey Markers