Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: FT: Cutters?!

Re: Bogey Markers

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:44:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Bogey Markers

marshall wrote:
>I prefer the USN designations, CA, BB, CV, FF etc. but only use the
>first two letters, it's real easy to tell that a ship is frigate sized,
>but not exactly what, if any loadout it has.

I use these designations on the actual mini, not the bogey.  Placing it
on
the bogey still gives too much away.  For example, placing CV on a bogey
might tell the opponent you are carrying fighters.  The general size
categorys give a vague idea on size, which is what a bogey should be,
vague.
Also, one fleet may designate ships using a different system or have
designations based on alternate sizes.	It is helpful to use one that
most
players can identify with. I realize that Jon listed suggested sizes for
designating a warship, but there is no reason why one player's fleet
might
call some ships frigates, that might actually be the size of another
player's cruisers.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: FT: Cutters?!