Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Point conversion from FT to DS2: Ortillery

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 14:07:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

At 08:17 AM 5/6/97 -0500, Mk wrote:

>There are other things you can do to enhance your station's survival in
>this matter. An optional rule (that has been discussed in the dim past,
>and I cannot remember who came up with the idea first) would be to
allow
>Interceptor fighters the capability to engage missiles. Then no doubt
your
>base will be equipped with a fighter bay or four.
	I have long argued that fighters (particularly interceptors
should
be able to engage missiles.
	Another great defense for the base is the old area effect
weapons...
A swarm of missiles and fighters are inbound...  Boom! The Nova Cannon
just
cut a swath through them and the *DAFs will take care of the rest...
Also
put your back to a wall, have your base orbit a planet.  Now its not so
easy
to hit, especially if it has limited maneuver ability.
	Additionally, it makes no sense to have a base without any
cutters
attached.
	Phil P.

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Point conversion from FT to DS2: Ortillery