Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal

Re: For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 00:17:32 -0400
Subject: Re: For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2

In message <9705052138.AA14661@nps.navy.mil> "Phillip E. Pournelle"
writes:
>	  In the meantime, I have pulled out some examples from both
games and
> tried to find the conversion.  I would apreciate other's feedback on
my
> examples (i.e. nicely point out my mistakes...) as well.

I've spotted one mistake for you...

>	  In More Thrust we are told that 1 Mass of drop ship can carry
10
> Cargo spaces and that a soldier being transported takes up 2 Cargo
spaces.

MT p15, second-last paragraph, last 2 lines: "if dropping "leg"
infantry... the drop capacity is 1CS per man". So I'm afraid your
first calculation is off.	 ~

> Total Cost:					  58
> FTP to DSP Conversion:  2 to 58:  or 1 Full Thust Point equals 29
DirtSide
> Points.

Now 1 to 58.

> Example 2:

...also doubled on the same basis.

> Example 3:
[...]
> FTP to DSP Conversion: 95.6 to 3 or 1 Full Thrust Point equals about
32
> DirtSide Points.

Ah... treat yourself and buy a nicer fighter costing twice as much.
Makes it 1 FT = 60 DS.

You could also try matching PV's between DS arty and FT ortillery.
Not sure what result you'll get.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal