Prev: Re: IFF aid, please... Next: Re: StarGrunt, DSII and FT# Campeign

Re: IFF aid, please...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 06:46:14 -0400
Subject: Re: IFF aid, please...

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >Then there are...
> >
> >	       =====
> >    ___	 \  \		  ___
> >   /   \   -------------------=|__|
> >  (	   )==| 		|=|__| Engine arrangement: O
> >   \   /   -------------------=|__|			  O O
> >    ---	 /  /
> >	       =====
> >

> >	  ,======
> >	 //	\\
> >	//	 \\___.
> >   /-||    __  ||  |
> >  (	||===|	|_||  |
> >   \-||    --  ||__|
> >	\\	 //
> >	 \\	//
> >	  =======
> >
> >(very poor picture, though...)
>
> OK, think I know these two - they are NOT Superior ships, but some
from a
> boxed set produced by GRENADIER a long while ago (late 70s?);

OK. Since Outlands bought them second-hand, they didn't check their
origins too closely. They're nice anyway :)

> If I'm right on the ID, the big one is about 70mm-ish in length
> with a circular front section and two small "weapon/sensor" pylons,
while
> the "round" one (about 35-40mm?) looks like it is made from a coil of
> wire... ?

Sizes are spot on. I'd describe the "round" one as a worn tyre, but the
coil description makes sense too.

> Looks like you've got a mixed bag here, but they're all classics of
> starship miniatures gaming!! Got any Eisenwerk or Valiant ones in
there??

No idea! That's why I'm asking for ID help!

> >	   ___
> >	   | |
> >	 -------
> >	/  ___	\
> >    /  /   \  \
> >   /  /     \  \
> >   \  \     /  /
> >   /\  \___/  /\
> >   \/\	/\/
> >	 -------
> >
> >(Hm. The hole in the middle should be round, and the boxes at the
"lower"
> >sides look just like the uppermost one...)
>
> Could be one of the Superior starbase/fortresses? How big is the
model?

Slightly less than 2" across.

Thanks for the help!

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: IFF aid, please... Next: Re: StarGrunt, DSII and FT# Campeign