Prev: sign off Next: Re: Scenario generation and game-balance stuff, a continually evolving thread that started with the Kra'Vak

RE: Stargrunt "one" points system?

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 17:25:19 -0400
Subject: RE: Stargrunt "one" points system?

I'm a fried egg sandwich and ramen man myself, with frijoles cheese and
rice burritos for some variety.

Remember that styrofoam bits and sand are free terrain materials...
I've spent many a winter (I was a contract Archaeologist, working during
the 'good' weather, starving in the Winter, most years) making terrain.
Styrofoam, 'stucco-ed' with sand and spray-painted makes nifty 25mm and
1/285 /300 scale buildings......
Scrap balsa, model parts, those disused crappy minis, you'll never
paint.... Use 'em in your terrain...
It sucks to be poor, I know, but don't worry keep on plugging and you'll
be able to enjoy a 'real' life someday.
I thought it would never happen, but I'm working at a good job, with hip
folks that pay me what I'm worth (hell, maybe more than that......)

 Anyway, the upshot of the whole thing is that I'm no longer a pauper,
and can sometimes buy not only a couple of cool games, but, sometimes
the mini's to go along with 'em ! I still keep building lo-cost terrain
for fun, but that's just 'cause I'm a cheap bastard, not 'cause I can't
afford it.

Gene