Prev: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system? Next: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:58:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> I've often had more fun playing an "unbalanced" game that I actually
lost
> than a supposedly "balanced" one that I won.

I find close calls the most enjoyable of all games.

> Ah, but what if this sacrifice is necessary to the overall battle
strategy?

It isn't, unless the victory conditions say it is.

> Rooskies in the end, but by God I made them commies pay for every
metre of
> West Germany they took that day...

What if it had been too unbalanced to even let you inflict any
casualties?
Would you have enjoyed just removing your figures from the table? Would
you have gloated: "By God, it took him 3,534 dice rolls to completely
kill me. His wrist must be sore by now."

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system? Next: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?