Prev: Stargrunt 2 Next: Re: Stargrunt 2

Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

From: Eric Fialkowski <ericski@m...>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 17:30:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

>We can probably come up with a ROUGH kind of points system to make
pick-up

While I haven't had time to actually play SGII yet, (shame on me) One
idea
for a "rough" point system would be one like SJG's Ogre where everything
is
rated as an armor unit.  Maybe there is a way to rate everything in
terms
of "man" units (grunt units?).	A basic man should be 1mu.  Then a guy
in
power armor could be 2mu's where and unarmored man could be worth 1/2?
Excuse me if I'm really off here but while I personally prefer point
systems, I don't absolutely have to have them to enjoy playing a game.

>PS:
>"Major, take your unit and attack hill 457!"
>"I can't do that, Colonel, the enemy have got 200 points more troops
than I
>have so it wouldn't be fair...."

...And rule 2.3.4.5.2.1.2.34 paragraph 2, sentence 3 says our troop type
can't attack them.   :)

   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Stargrunt 2 Next: Re: Stargrunt 2