Prev: Re: Another POINTless Argument Next: RE: Anti Grav......

Point based Games Systems

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:32:25 -0400
Subject: Point based Games Systems

Greetings,
	Having played several miniatures games and taken Math Theory
classes, I can apreciate the difficulty for a Game designer to build an
accurate assessment for point based games systems.  However, I apreciate
it
even further when they do exist and work well.	This allows intelligent
discussion on how to create new weapons systems, modify current ones,
fix
errors in past publications and generate scenarios.  The Point system
gives
a good plane of reference to work from.  Obviously the players and
referees
are going to have to make adjustments but at least they can have an idea
of
where to come from.
	I like the idea that I can run a Roman Legion against a Japanese
Samurai Army, or Two completely different fleet ideas against each
other.
While I enjoy some historical games, some can be boring since issues
outside
the actual battle often decides that fate before the first shot is fired
(Trafalgar).
	So Jon, please do what you can to include a well designed point
system into your rules.  While I disagree on what happened with the
Kravak,
I like that we have a basis for discussion.  That's part of why I put my
money down for the game system and not the tomes others have...
	Phil P.

Prev: Re: Another POINTless Argument Next: RE: Anti Grav......