Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Another POINTless Argument (was Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and

Re: Anti Grav......

From: Alun Thomas <alun.thomas@c...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 06:56:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti Grav......

> >have a working magnetic levitation system working that is capable of
> >floating just about any type of material.

> First off, I'd just like to point out that Scots ARE "Brits."  What we
> AREN'T is English.

As a Welshman, I have to agree with the sentiments here :-)

> Second, is that the only coverage you saw? Up here in Toronto it got
> coverage on TV as well as the newspapers. They showed pictures of a
> levitating frog. I thought they also did it with a mouse. I suspect
that a
> lot of people didn't quite catch the implications, but I thought it
was
> quite exciting. The apparatus is huge and clunky, though they
mentioned that
> one of their next steps is to build a machine big enough to levitate a
human.

I'm not getting in that thing !
I've heard some worrying things about the effects of strong magnetic
fields
on the human brain - it seems that they can cause some VERY weird
subjective experiences.

Hmm, there's a thought - how about some rules that cause human operated
magrep vehicles to go crazy every so often...

> First the Mars rock, then cloning, then the suggestion that there
might be
> life on Europa. Now anti-grav frogs. Maybe Jon should redo his
timeline in
> the GZG rulebooks. It may be a little too conservative... :-)

Life on Europa ? Is this the idea that there *could* be a liquid ocean
under
the ice,
which *might* be able to support life, is is there any new evidance ?

Alun.

Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Another POINTless Argument (was Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and