Prev: Re: FT Carriers Next: Another POINTless Argument (was Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and PDAF)

Re: Anti Grav......

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 22:32:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti Grav......

At 10:53 AM 4/22/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I noticed an article in the Orlando Sentinel-The newspaper of record
>for my area- buried back on page 14 where a Brit-Scot science team
>have a working magnetic levitation system working that is capable of
>floating just about any type of material.

First off, I'd just like to point out that Scots ARE "Brits."  What we
AREN'T is English.

Second, is that the only coverage you saw? Up here in Toronto it got
coverage on TV as well as the newspapers. They showed pictures of a
levitating frog. I thought they also did it with a mouse. I suspect that
lot of people didn't quite catch the implications, but I thought it was
quite exciting. The apparatus is huge and clunky, though they mentioned
that
one of their next steps is to build a machine big enough to levitate a
human.

First the Mars rock, then cloning, then the suggestion that there might
be
life on Europa. Now anti-grav frogs. Maybe Jon should redo his timeline
in
the GZG rulebooks. It may be a little too conservative... :-)

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: FT Carriers Next: Another POINTless Argument (was Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and PDAF)