Prev: Realistic Space Combat Next: FT Carriers

Re: Realistic Space Combat

From: osiris.1@i...
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:01:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Realistic Space Combat

On 04/21/97 14:17:22 Phil wrote:

>For our ongoing thread regarding Mark's story:
>	 Here is an interesting article that is in my school newspaper.
LT
>here has come up with a way to shrink the size of a 100 Million Volt
>Electron Beam Laser to be able to fit onto a surface ship (as in blue
>water).  The /existing/ prototype (minus the size reducing
improvement)is
>capable of cutting through more than 100 feet of steel in a fraction of
>second.  They want to use this to protect ships from missiles.  This
would
>be a very effective weapon in space if the size reduction issues work
out....

Yikes! I'm sure with a nice tracking system it would indeed protect
ships,
preferably by burning launchers, ships, crew, politicians, etc. before
they
launched! :)

Christopher
 To quote Sigue Sigue Sputnik "Mmm, mmm, I *luv* technology!"

Prev: Realistic Space Combat Next: FT Carriers