Prev: Redneck Ride the Atomic Rail Next: Re: Cavalry in SG2

Re: Cavalry in SG2

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:45:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Cavalry in SG2

Jeremy Sadler wrote:

> The question comes up because I just bought one of the Taun-taun
figures
> from Star Wars Miniatures to use as scouts for my FSE squad.	Painted
> nice camel color for use in the desert to go along with the rest of my
> desert camo paint scheme for the squad.  (The taun-taun, for those not
> familiar, is the beastie in Empire Strikes Back on the ice world of
Hoth.
> There it appears as a polar creature, nice and white - well, on the
outside
> at least <grin>
>
> Excuse my irreverance, but I'm having a vision...
>
> "The Lighttaun-taunmen"
>
> 500 taun-taun mounted soldiers, swords drawn, charging the enemy
line...

> Hoo har! ;)

Bayonets anyway.. mounted infantry rather than cavalry if you want to
stretch the analogy.. but a nice image ^_^

I'm using a squad of the old old GW Imperial Guard Cavalry.. (not the
current hi tech mongols) some of whom have slouch hats ^_-  They _will_
be in Khaki.. (With Kalashnikovs..)

--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
"The end does not justify the means.

Prev: Redneck Ride the Atomic Rail Next: Re: Cavalry in SG2