Prev: Re: Smaller SFB Miniatures Next: Re: GZG catalogue

GZG products/SOAP BOX WARNING!!

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:30:00 -0400
Subject: GZG products/SOAP BOX WARNING!!

PREACHY GAME ADDICT ALERT!

Just a thought.
This is a mailing list for GZG products. As long as a message even
tenuously can contribute to either a discussion of tactics, strategy,
miniatures, or design of and for games using GZG rulesets- I think
that's fine. If someone wants to promote another ruleset- by all
means contrast it against a GZG product so that we can make an
educated decision. To arbitrarily say "well so-and-so system does
this" in the midst of a discussion on adding to a system does no good
unless you provide a way in which to utilize that information for the
betterment of the GZG system. I LIKE the products that GZG puts out a
Damn sight better than anything either GW or West End games has
offered (including Star Wars miniatures-which I have played) The
reason for this is not only the quality and simplicity of the system,
but the user-friendliness of it's creator(s). How many games can
you name where the author puts up with a metric ton of e-mail on a
daily basis to get at the odd kernel of a good idea? The only other
one I know of is Steve Jackson. NONE of these games RECOMMENDS that
you use whatever minis you like. Hell, that makes me like the
products even more! Back to the point. If you are going to say
something about another company's competing product, do it in such a
way as to add to the discussion on improving or adding to a ruleset
published by GZG.
OK, I'm done. (Damn, I've lived in the bible belt too long!!);-)

SOAP BOX MODE OFF
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: Re: Smaller SFB Miniatures Next: Re: GZG catalogue