Prev: Re: Mecha! and Starship! From Flagship Games Next: Re: Smaller SFB Miniatures

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:10:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, mark gouthro wrote:

> > Mark Donelan wrote:
> > other characteristics.  Example: A fighter group moving at 16 can
slow down
> > to 12 or accelerate to 28.	This requires a little more record
keeping, but
> > it's worth it to give fighters more range.
>
> I think part of the problem here is that you have left the game table
> (where the game was originally designed to work).  Speeds of 28 for
> any craft are crazy if you are using miniatures on a table, at 28" per
> turn you are most likey going to fall off the Edge of the Universe.

<parrot mode on ;) >

Depends on how large your table is. Since my table is very small (2'8" *
4'), I measure in cm instead of inches (meaning my table is effectively
6'8" * 10') - and that, in turn, means that my thrust 8 ships usually
run
at speeds of 40 or higher. Speeds of 25 or so are common for my cruisers
and battlecruisers in the games I've played...	and even those thrust 2
battlewagons have moved at speed 20 or so, but that is a bit on the high
side - speed 10 - 15 is normal, which tends to cause slight problems for
speed 12 fighters.

> Ships generally move within the speed of ships.

Yes :) But they're generally faster than fighters in my games...

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Mecha! and Starship! From Flagship Games Next: Re: Smaller SFB Miniatures