Prev: Smaller SFB Miniatures Next: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: "John W.F. McClain" <jmcclain@l...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:08:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

   > Yes, this IS really what is meant - ships can only turn in 30
degree
   > increments.

   > The important point is that the
   > written orders must define EXACTLY where the ship goes, and not
leave any
   > leeway for the player to change this when he moves the miniature -
   > otherwise it makes a nonsense of the advance (secret) order
writing.

   In that case, I always cheat <grin>. The way I write orders is more
   of a reminder to myself how I wanted everything to move, than actual
   orders. And yes, I have several times decided to send a ship in
   vaguely that direction, seen where the enemy ships move to, and still
   moved it in vaguely that direction when just a few degrees more would
   put him in range of my wave gun.

This could make an interesting variant, have players alternate the
movement of ships (yes I know slower and all that...) but allow them
vary their turns by half a tick +/-, represents the captain's ability
to alter ships movement somewhat but have the overall movement
constrained by the plan.

--
I am solely responsible for contents of this message.  It does not
necessarily reflect the opinions of Lockheed Martin or its customers.

John W.F. McClain		  Lockheed Martin Information Systems
jmcclain@lads.is.lmco.com	  37 North Ave.
Work: (617) 505-9536		  Burlington, MA 01803

Prev: Smaller SFB Miniatures Next: Re: Fighters or Bricks?