Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Smaller SFB Miniatures

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:29:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

>> The important point is that the
>> written orders must define EXACTLY where the ship goes, and not leave
any
>> leeway for the player to change this when he moves the miniature -
>> otherwise it makes a nonsense of the advance (secret) order writing.
>
>In that case, I always cheat <grin>. The way I write orders is more
>of a reminder to myself how I wanted everything to move, than actual
>orders. And yes, I have several times decided to send a ship in
>vaguely that direction, seen where the enemy ships move to, and still
>moved it in vaguely that direction when just a few degrees more would
>put him in range of my wave gun.
>
>Should I be keeping quiet about my 'fuzzy' measurements as well then?
>(hey! I'm a roleplayer not a wargamer. Rules are just there to be
>approximated :) ).
>
>--
>Be seeing you,
>Sam.

Sam - it's nice to hear of someone who really does play with the
"spirit"
of the game rather than the letter of the rules, and if you opponents
are
happy with playing that way then stick with it with our [OFFICIAL]
blessings! :)
Unfortunately not all players work this way, which is why the rules are
written as they are - far too many will exploit any leeway to their own
advantage every time (just human nature I guess).

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Smaller SFB Miniatures