Prev: Re: Fighters or Bricks? Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Re: Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:43:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

Roger Gerrish wrote:

> Jon Tuffley thinks 1st Edition Traveller came out before Star Wars.
>
> Jon,
> I think you are right. I remember coming home after seeing the
premiere
> of Star Wars in Nottingham, getting Traveller out and seeing if the
> Millenium Falcon (Modified Free Trader) could escape 4 Fighters
(did'nt
> call them TIEs then.)

Correct. I introduced Phil McGregor (who later created Space Opera) to
D&D, and he then introduced me to Traveller in 1975.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: Fighters or Bricks? Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust