Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: DSII Infantry Base Sizes

I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:53:39 -0400
Subject: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

Hello:
	JOY!  I went down to Keith Johansen's house as planned to pick
up some
of his Yamato minis.  I picked up an EDF Battleship, a pack of 2 Battle
Cruisers and a pack of 6 destroyers.  Here are my impressions.
	1.  They're on the small side.	The battleship is just over 2
inches
long.  They also have a lot of teny tiny antennas and turrets to glue
on.
	2.  The are very detailed, although they a little rough.  Keith
said
the minis I purchased were from the first run.	Kieth said that the
second run would be far superior.  He also showed me the blister packs
they will be packaged in.  (Right now they come in a plastic bag with
the Star Blazers logo with the Yamato silhouette.)  Nice art work on the
blister card.
	3.  I've seen these things painted.  They look really nice.  I
just
hope I can do them justice.

	I also got a sneak preview of the game he coming up with.  It
looks
quite simple.  Almost Full Thrust-ish.	Ships can get blown away quite
simpley.  He's going to be holding demos/playtest at my local game store
in the coming weeks.  I'll give a review when and if I play.
	 Both the game and the minis should be out in about 3 months.
At the
latest it will be availble by GenCon.

Later,
Mark

Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: DSII Infantry Base Sizes