Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust - Reply Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Re: Real Space Combat Help:

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:50:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Joachim Heck wrote:
>  Oh and I keep forgetting: if you're planning on avoiding optical
>detection by painting your ship black you might want to get a BIG
>RADIATOR 'cause you'll need it.  This will probably make you even more
>detectable in IR, of course.

Black is the best color for a near perfect absorber of energy.

>  I don't know how true this is in really deep space, but if you're
>near the sun (and you will be in any plausible near-future space
>travel scenario) keeping warm and keeping cool are both serious
>problems.

I like an idea presented in the MegaTraveller's Starship Operator's
Manual.
They described a chameleon exterior hull coating that could be
programmed to
display various paint colors and schemes from an onboard interface at
any time.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust - Reply Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: