Prev: Re: paint Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Re: Real Space Combat Help:

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:51:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

>	  Given that a target can maneuver in a very large threat cone
on the
> order of several thousand meters per G maneuver, your 500 meter radius
cloud
> does not guarrantee a hit at all...  You would have a better bet
against an

That's a 500 meter SEPERATION between individual penetrators in a
spherical cloud. All you NEED is one hit.  with a thousand
Penetrators your cloud would be Kilometers wide AND deep. Also, the
amount of delta Vee you can put into a maneuver depends a lot on mass
vs thrust. First you detect the incoming penetrators. If they are
stealthy that might be as little as several hundred kilometers (after
all there is no energy signature to pinpoint them and they are
wrapped in RAM materials) If they are not stealthy, you might "see"
them at several Thousand kilometers. That would give you (assuming
you have a sabot cloud moving at 100k/s) 2-20 seconds to classify as
threat and initiate an evasive burn. Not the easiest task, I think.
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: Re: paint Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: