Prev: Re: Borrowed ideas. Next: RE: Ramming.

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:32:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

> From: Nezach <Nezach@ix.netcom.com>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust
> Date: Tuesday, April 08, 1997 1:54 AM
>
>	What are your painting phlosophies for your ships?

I paint my ships with a base coat of black (black primer actually). Then
add dark blue (cobalt blue) or purple lines at random. I then cover it
in
branching lines of light to medium grey. The overall effect obscures
details and makes the ships appear more like asteroids, until you are in
range :-) However, each ship takes 1-2 hours just to do the grey part.
Then
I have to quit due to crossed eyes and a headache. It's a labor of love.

>	On a related note, what (if anything) is the weirdest object you

> have used to represent a ship or station or whatever that wasn't
> specificaly made for gaming use?  Dog toys? Car parts? Old hard bits
of
> pizza crust?

I used fishing lures (with tenticals/frills at the front and twister
tails)
to represent Sa'Vasku organic ships. Looked great. (Translucent smoke
color
wiht silver flakes - No painting needed!).

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry
Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: Borrowed ideas. Next: RE: Ramming.