Prev: FAQ list Next: Re: FAQ list

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: Robert Kerrigan <speiler@e...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 19:52:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

The "Official" Full Thrust ships lend themselves to a very easy but
highly
effective tech-nique.  After priming the ship, spray it with a gloss
enamal
(the color of your choice).  Then it gets several "baths" of acrylic (a
different shade), blotting off the excess after each wash.  The last
coat is
black.	The acrylic (Liquitex brand) being watery will sink into the
cracks
and crevices.  Blotting keeps the original base coat from being blended
into
oblivion.  What all this dipping accomplishes, is fantastic detail.  My
NAC
fleet was done in a base coat of yellow, dipped in umber oxide, and
ivory
black.	The ivory black tends to be translucent, so you don't have black
lines all over just a very deep shade of the second color.  I know the
color
scheme doesn't sound that great, but my ships are constantly
complimented.

Bob Kerrigan
Virginia

Prev: FAQ list Next: Re: FAQ list