Prev: RE: Ancient politics and the Pacific War Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

Re: Ramming.

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:09:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming.

>I see that as being reflected in the roll of a '6'. Could enhance the
>rule to say each ship is limited to 1 attempt in a given game. That way
>if a ship fails it's roll to make the attempt, it can no longer make
>another attempt the rest of the scenario.

I agree that limiting to one attempt per ship is a great modifier that
would slow down that sort of stuff.

>Agreed that both should to agree to it, BUT, Jon does specifically say
in
>the FT rulesbook "...if you're not happy with a rule or system, throw
it out
>and use your own..." Which gives you leave to drop rules in the FT
book, too.
>I'd be more on the take that both have to agree to *use* a rule rather
than
>not.

It's sort of a hard call there. What I've found, in practice, is that
most
players I've seen play or tournament rules I've read  use all of  FT and
from MT the rules about C batteries firing and fighter endurance.  For
that
reason I'd really feel you'd both have to agree  if you're throwing
something out of FT.

But I guess the main reason I mentioned it was we have someone here who
does it with monotonous regularity. Now that's probably our problem more
than FT's but that extra line you suggested for rules would go a long
way
towards reducing this sort of thing.

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: RE: Ancient politics and the Pacific War Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.