Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Leyte Gulf, October '44

Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

From: A stalwart bastion of bachelorism <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:06:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

>> You might give a 'heroic' ship a bonus (say, +1?) to the ram attempt.
It
>> says in the rules that some races (eg, Narns vs Centauri ;-) and/or
>> certain specific scenarios MAY allow for an increased *chance*
(emphasis
>> mine)- there's nothing in it about automatic ramming. You need to
succeed
>> with two die rolls. And in the past year, I've only seen *2*
successful
>> ram attempts. And those were by lancer-sized Narns against a
stationary
>> Centauri base! (I think 3 tried, 1 missed the attempt roll) Every
other
>> ram attempt I've seen come down the line has missed. And I haven't
seen
>> all that many to begin with.
>
>Two tried and two were successful.

Thanks for the verification/clarification, Jon.  ;-)

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Leyte Gulf, October '44